1. Large national insurance carriers are for-profit businesses that operate with a military-style hierarchy.
2. In the local office of a national insurance carrier, the claims adjusters report to a claims super-visor who, in turn, reports to the claims manager.
3. The claims adjuster works for the insurance company, not for you.
4. An adjuster’s performance is evaluated according to how efficiently and inexpensively he settles claims.
5. The “reserve” is the amount the insurance company has earmarked for payment of a claim. Once the reserve on a claim is firmly established, it is a difficult and time-consuming process to get the insurance company to raise that ceiling.
6. Every time the claims file gets picked up, it’s the adjuster’s or supervisor’s job to make sure the reserves are in order. The more information you and your personal injury attorney provide to the adjuster, the more often he will be forced to review your file and adjust the reserve.
7. The adjuster generally will be in no hurry to settle your claim. The essence of stonewalling is to drag out an insurance claim for a period of months or even years before paying a reasonable settlement. The adjuster will use any number of negotiating “tactics” to delay payment and test your resolve.
8. Having a personal injury attorney on your side levels the playing field. Your personal injury attorney will recognize the adjuster’s tactics for what they are, and work to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement on your behalf.
Very truly yours,
David C. Farrell, Esq.
Owner/CEO - The Farrell Law Group LLC
o Juvenile defense advocate (Suffolk County Juvenile Court Department)
o Defense of misdemeanors and/or felonies at District Court level.
o Defense of criminal indictment at the Superior Court level.
o Collaborative independent investigations with premier Massachusetts Private Detective agency.
o 24-7 emergency response service for clients placed under arrest:
(1) attorney will travel to police station;
(2) oversee booking procedures;
(3) prevent improper interrogation/questioning post-Miranda;
(4) provide assistance with posting of bail; and
(5) ensure preparation & presentation for arraignment: grooming, clothing, demeanor, procedure, desired/intended plea, etc.;
Professional closing attorney with PC Law Associates LLC:
The Farrell Law Group does not receive, store, collect, sell, have access to nor have the slightest interest in your cookie. All cookies-related concerns must be directed to GoDaddy.com.
The content presented on this website - while 100% truthful - does not guarantee any particular result(s) to any particular individual(s), nor to any agents, representatives, attorneys, heirs, assigns and/or entities. Transmission of information and material contained herein shall not be construed to create, nor shall receipt constitute creation of, an attorney-client relationship between any person or entity and the Law Office of David C. Farrell, Esq., and/or any member thereof.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder